Clinical Negligence Fee Earner
- £40,000 per annum
Based in Newton le willows my client is looking for an experienced Clinical Negligence fee earner to join their expanding Clinical Negligence team. Fully remote, Hybrid and in office working options available.
Job Purpose: To effectively manage a clinical negligence case load.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of handling medical negligence claims
- Good IT skills
- Strong technical and organisation skills
- A pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of Clinical Negligence claims.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective to legal issues.
- Be highly client focused.
- Team orientated with a willingness to mentor, coach and supervise less experienced members if appropriate.
- Commercial perspective
- To run a case load of about 50-60 clinical negligence claims
- To look for winners in those cases & set out the ‘roadmap’ of case direction.
- Advise on medical & legal issues & support junior colleagues whilst not engaging in the activities to be delegated.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision when required.
- To work as part of an existing team
- Management of own case load and providing direction to junior colleagues & answering queries raised by junior colleagues.
- Ensure limitation dates are identified & adequately prepared for in good time.
- Advise on tactics in relation on litigation, applications (including but not limited to PAD applications) & commercial settlements thereafter.
- Avoid by means of commercial tactical planning unrecoverable & excessive disbursements.
- Training new staff as and when required.
- Show practical experience of the CPR, issuing claims and litigating cases.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solicitor, CILEX or experienced legal executive/paralegal who has managed own caseload.
- Must have experience of running a varied clinical negligence case load.
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid/in office/Remote working options.
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- flexi time
- 23 days holiday
- Social events.
- Sponsored development
- Training and development
If this role is of interest, please call Chris Orrell on 0161 914 7357 or forward your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In-House departments across the UK.
Based in the Northwest, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Take a look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.