Commercial Litigation Solicitor (MA147)
- £42,000 - £55,000 per annum
We are seeking a qualified Solicitor (NQ-2 PQE) to join the Manchester Commercial Litigation team as a Solicitor.
The team’s work covers all aspects of commercial litigation and has a specialism in public law/judicial review. The team’s recent cases include:
- A high-profile Judicial Review for a prominent member of the Manchester nightlife community;
- A substantial and novel data project for a national client which will impact all UK citizens;
- Shareholder disputes;
- Bringing and defending senior employee and director restrictive covenant Injunctions
- Media/reputation management, (the team has recently been rated as Tier 1 Legal 500 (TMT) including for leading members of political parties;
- Complex and high value contract disputes;
- A procurement challenge for a national client against a central government department.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the biggest litigation team in Manchester. You will be joining a supportive team where everyone plays a vital role in achieving the best outcomes for our clients. Individuals are appreciated and acknowledged for their successes.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Partners in the team on the most interesting, high-profile, and intellectually stimulating matters of national importance.
We offer a competitive salary, autonomy, and excellent progression opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities
- The ability to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of legal principles and court procedures in relation to general litigation, and in particular, commercial work.
- A genuine interest in Public Law. Experience in this area is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of high court litigation including key litigation steps of pleadings, hearings, disclosure, and witness statement preparation.
- Confident client handling skills. You will be acting for national organisations as well as business clients and high-profile individuals.
- Good management and appreciation of time recording, billing and recovery of costs and disbursements.
- Excellent academics.
- Practical litigation experience obtained at a national firm.
- Technically strong with a commercial appreciation
- Team player
- The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for business development.