Deputy Team Manager - Portal
- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
My client is one of the leading providers in insurance and legal services with multiple offices across the UK.
They are looking to recruit a Deputy Portal team manager to support the current manager and the portal team.
You will be responsible for a high-volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA claims, making use of the firm’s Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations
• To be able to assess quantum to include reviewing medical reports, researching, and obtaining relevant case law, drafting schedules of special damages, and assessing suitable awards for compensation
• Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks
• To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity
• To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed
• To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm’s internal policies and procedures, to instruct.
• Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum.
• Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment
• To provide supervisory support and guidance on technical issues involving quantum and litigation to other team members
• To support the Team Manger in effective people management and to drive the right behaviours
• To ensure that the team are achieving the right outcome for clients and optimising each client’s claim
• Monitor workloads and allocate work as necessary
Experience & Knowledge
• Significant previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA litigated claims
• A solid working knowledge of the CPR, legislation, and relevant case law
• Excellent litigator with strong drafting skills and the ability to negotiate appropriate settlements at the optimum time
• Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office
• Ability to provide clear direction and take accountability for the team’s performance.
• 25 days’ holiday per annum
• Holiday buy and sell scheme
• Hybrid working model (in relevant role)
• 2 x Volunteering days to support charitable initiatives
• Matched Giving – up to £250 matched for personal charity fundraising for a registered charity
• Medicash cash plan – claim back dental / physio / optical appointments
• My Medicash App – including access to rapid digital physiotherapy and skin cancer screening assessments plus fitness videos and wellbeing tools
• Discounts and cash back on travel and shopping through Medicash extras
• Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
• Pension scheme
• Funded driving theory test (in relevant role)
• Active network of Wellbeing Champions – providing mental health support
• Training and development opportunities
• Funded social events to connect with your colleagues
•Dress for your day policy
If you are looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to work for a leading firm that truly value their employee’s development, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com or call Chris on 0161 914 7357 for an informal discussion.
Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £500 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career. Terms apply.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In House departments across the UK. Based in the North West, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market, and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience.
You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Take a look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.