Family Law Secretary
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Dependent on experience
Exciting Opportunity for an Experienced Legal Secretary in Family Law
Join a dynamic and growing legal team as a permanent, full-time legal secretary in the heart of there esteemed law firm. My client is currently seeking a skilled professional to support their Family Law team.
In this role, you will play a pivotal part in the efficient operation of their Family Law team. Responsibilities include assisting fee earners with administrative tasks related to family law matters, creating electronic bundles, and providing overall administrative support to the team. You will work closely with fee earners to advance cases promptly, managing court documentation, liaising with Counsel’s Clerks and Chambers, and acting as a point of contact for clients and third parties. Additionally, you will contribute to typing and document preparation within the Family Team and actively participate in the firm-wide support function.
- Administer a range of administrative tasks associated with family law matters.
- Create electronic bundles for cases.
- Provide general administrative support to the Family Law team.
- Complete Court documentation and liaise with Counsel’s Clerks and Chambers.
- Act as a point of contact for clients and third parties.
- Contribute to typing and preparation of documents within the Family Team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Experienced family law legal secretary.
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in Outlook, Word, CMS, and preferably Excel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of accounts, with the ability to read and understand ledgers.
- Proficient audio typist.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Proactive with the ability to use initiative.
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure.
- Willingness to adapt and learn new skills.
- Team-oriented and open to development and training.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs with A-C grades, including English and Maths.
How to apply
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Rhian Thompson at Clayton Legal or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In House departments across the UK.
Based in the Northwest, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will collaborate with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Take a look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.