Housing Disrepair Litigator
- £25,000 per annum
My client is looking for an experienced Housing Disrepair Litigator to join their expanding Housing Disrepair team in Greater Manchester.
This position is most suited to Housing Disrepair Litigator who have a proven track record and who may be looking for a training contract.
The successful candidate will be a confident litigator and will be responsible for managing a caseload of housing disrepair claims, from inception to completion. This will involve conducting investigations, drafting court documents, and representing clients in court.
The role will include:
- Managing your own case load of housing disrepair claims being pre and post litigated cases.
- Operating the case management system, using the required workflow steps correctly.
- Prepare surveyors instructions and advise on the same.
- Prepare legal documents and proceedings.
- Dealing with and drafting various interlocutory applications.
- Deal with case as they proceed through the court process.
- Ensure compliance with court deadlines and directions.
- Liaising with Counsel, experts and any other third parties in an efficient and professional manner.
- Be proactive and use initiative when presented with problems or issues.
- Complete autonomy with instruction through to settlement.
- Provide excellent customer service by regularly updating clients on the progress of their case and answering any queries in a professional manner.
The ideal candidate:
- Experienced Housing Disrepair file handler with at least 12-18 months file handling experience in housing disrepair.
- Experience in managing own case load.
- 1 year+ Litigation experience.
- LLB or LPC graduate only.
- Confident when working to targets.
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively, as part of a team and using one’s own initiative.
- Competent I.T Skills.
- Keen eye for detail.
If this role is of interest, please call Chris Orrell on 0161 914 7357 or forward your most recent CV to email@example.com.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In-House departments across the UK. Based in the Northwest, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience.