IT Support Technician
- £27,000 - £32,000 per annum
About the role This role will be split between the Chester and Shrewsbury office. You will be based in the Shrewsbury office for a minimum of 3 days a week. You must have the ability to travel as required. Covering core working hours between 8am and 6.30pm, Monday-Friday on a rotating shift. There may be a requirement to work outside of these hours or at weekends. Additionally travel to our office in Altrincham may be expected.
Responsible for providing first line/second line assistance and providing bespoke technical support to users with varying abilities, and at different levels of seniority. You will be the primary point of contact for all users in Shrewsbury but will liaise with the IT team in Chester when escalating technical issues. You will also be required to contact third parties and manage any site-specific tasks.
Working as part of a small team we are looking for someone who can work well on their own, is self-motivated but can also be a crucial part of project work and firmwide IT initiatives. When required you will have the ability to work well in a team.
Main day to day responsibilities will include:
- Initial first line support of incidents and user problems.
- Ensure that all incidents and issues are logged and tracked.
- Maintain and meet SLAs when resolving and responding to incidents.
- Produce documentation and limited training materials.
- Break-fix of desktop hardware, mobile devices and desktop troubleshooting including desktop phones.
- Support 3rd party suppliers and onsite engineers as required.
- Escalate urgent problems to the appropriate 3rd party suppliers or internal team.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with any 3rd party that the firm engages with.
- Support users based in any office or working from home using remote access tools.
- Daily Teams calls and escalation to the wider IT team.
- Support implementation of new technology or IT projects as required.
- Desk moves and new user setups.
- MS office 365 support and end user assistance.
As the primary IT contact in Shrewsbury, you will be required to take full ownership of all hardware issues at site. You will also be responsible for IT inductions and user setups for staff based there. You will need to,
- Keep an accurate record of all stock items at the office.
- Utilise asset tracking software and keep this updated.
- Replace any hardware as required.
- Provision hardware and user accounts for new starters.
- Ensure that all staff have the appropriate equipment.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of delivering IT support in a professional services role, ideally experience within a Law firm.
- Solid working understanding of a standard operating environment and IT helpdesk expectations.
- Ability to confidently communicate technical issues in plain English to users who are non-technical.
- Professional, approachable, and articulate manner.
- Ability to work unsupervised to a high standard and take a proactive approach.
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal).
- Able to take a flexible approach to working hours, as some out of hours work may be required.
- A desire to learn new skills, take ownership of projects and a general good attitude.
- Comfortable working in a small team.
Technical Skills (Required)
- Experience working to known industry standards (ITIL, Cyber Essentials).
- Experience using Intune to deploy and provision machines.
- Microsoft Entra ID. (Azure AD)
- Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows desktop devices.
- Experience in Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Experience of MS Teams voice or 8×8.
- Experience in supporting Mobile devices, via ABM and Intune.
- On prem Active directory experience (group policy etc).
- Adept at hardware troubleshooting and generally good problem-solving skills.
About Aaron & Partners LLP We are a Top 200 law firm with offices in Chester and Shrewsbury and more than 20 recommendations from the two main independent legal directories, Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
We pride ourselves on providing high quality, results focused, legal advice through a dedicated partner-led service. Much of the work we undertake is ‘bespoke’, requiring unique solutions to unique problems and a breadth of commercial understanding and appreciation.
The firm is growing, ambitious and constantly evolving – and we expect the same from our solicitors and support teams.