- £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
This client is an award winning commercial law firm based near to Spinningfields, MANCHESTER.
You will have a rare opportunity to take charge and develop all aspects of the litigation department and handle all the firms contentious work including CPO Litigation, Tax Litigation, Insolvency, Breach of Contract, Landlord & Tenant & Property Litigation. There will also be some non-contentious work involved such as commercial contract drafting.
You will be exposed to top-quality work, developing both your legal knowledge and commercial awareness, with full responsibility.
This opportunity will suit someone who is entrepreneurial, commercially focussed, self-driven and does not require supervision for day-to-day conduct of case work.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for individuals with the following skills & experience:
- Good understanding of company, contract and property law
- Strong commercial awareness for opportunities for the firm and the clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to review cases, provide good quality legal advice and case strategy
- Ability to multi task, wear different ‘hats’ and deal with competing priorities without delay
- Ability to manage all aspects of the litigation department
- Ability to bring cases to an early resolution (either by settlement or trial)
- Focus on results over and above the client’s expectations and experience of delivering exceptional results for the client
- Ability to work to deadlines and maintain a regular schedule of hearings, court appearances and conferences based on case requirements in the firm’s electronic diary and case list.
- Highly conversant with civil procedure rules and litigation case management
- Ability to draft all the usual documents involved in litigation, such as a particulars of claim, witness statements, costs schedules, applications, orders, part 36 offers
- Ability to maintain a personal yet professional relationship with clients
- Ability to take enquiries from potential clients and sell the firms services and sign up the client
- Ability to ensure clients are regularly billed, client debts are kept to a bare minimum
- Ability to time record using the firms case management software and bill to monthly targets
- Ability to assist in the promotion and marketing of the firm’s services via internal/external networking events, presentations and online articles
- Must be self-motivated, driven and enjoys a complex and varied workload
- Ability to quickly get to grips with new areas of law and hit the ground running
- Self-discipline to take responsibility of own work and deadlines and to progress cases quickly and efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail and continuously striving for self-improvement and development
- Personality Traits required: High Personal Standards, Ability to work under pressure, Driven, Adaptable, Enthusiastic, Proactive, Team Player and can do attitude
What’s in it for you:
This opportunity is unrivalled by any other law firm
- Small team in lovely city centre offices
- Early access to good quality work and clients
- Exposure to marketing and business development
- Exposure to various legal disciplines –you won’t be pigeon holed into one area of law!
- You won’t be competing with hundreds of others for progression within the firm
- The more successful our small firm becomes, the more opportunities there will be for you
- No glass ceilings – the role will become what you make it.
If you would like any further details on this opportunity, feel free to get in touch with Chris Eastwood on 07802 282 002 OR C.email@example.com