Personal Injury Fee earner - Fully Remote
- £30,000 per annum
I have the pleasure of representing a large firm of Solicitors who are looking to recruit an experienced PI Fee earner to join their expanding PI Team. This is a fantastic opportunity with remote and hybrid options available. (applicants should live relatively close for Team and client meetings)
Salary: competitive (DOE)
- To progress own case load efficiently to both satisfy the client and maximise the Firm’s interests.
- Effective use of Firm’s case management system
- Manage own case load efficiently
- Liaise with referrers and manage their expectations in respect of quality and service
- Take initial instructions from clients
- Ability to vet a claim at initial stages
- Assess funding requirements
- Investigate liability / assessing quantum
- Liaise with Insurers
- Advising clients
- Litigation work subject to experience and expertise
- Drafting court documents where appropriate
- Court proceedings/compliance with pre-action protocols
- Advocacy as and when required
- Liaison with Counsel / Instructions to Counsel
- Negotiating settlements
- Prepare predictive costs calculations and possibly negotiate
- Provide assistance to team members
- Compliance with office procedures
- Weekly reports to Team Manager
- Any other duties that may be required of you by the Firm from time to time
- Training new staff entering the department as and when required.
Qualifications/skills required to perform role
- Basic typing skills/computer skills
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good telephone manner/ability to communicate effectively
- ILEX exams preferred
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increased with service)
- Bonus Scheme
- Free parking
- Bupa Cash Plan
- Flexible wokring hours/Flexi Time
- Bonus for 5* reviews
- Training and professional development
If this role is of interest, please call Chris Orrell on 0161 914 7357 or forward your most recent CV to email@example.com.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In-House departments across the UK. Based in the Northwest, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience.
You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Take a look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.