Private Client Fee Earner
- Salary dependent on experience
We have an opportunity for a Solicitor or Legal Executive to join a well established law firm in their busy Private Client department.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for an existing caseload covering the whole spectrum of Private Client work and including:
- Wills of all types from Instruction to Signature
- Lasting Powers of Attorney from Instruction to Registration
- Obtaining Grants of Representation, and administering and distributing Estates (including the preparation of Estate Accounts).
- Advising on Inheritance Tax planning, and implementing appropriate arrangements, including the preparation of lifetime trusts and other gifting (to include Deeds of Variation).
- Preparation and submission of Inheritance Tax Accounts and advising on Inheritance Tax liability, with particular reference to Agricultural and Business Property Reliefs.
- Administering Lifetime and Will Trusts, including the preparation of Trust Accounts and Tax Returns and Deeds to alter or terminate trusts; attending to distribution.
- Preparing and submitting Court of Protection Deputyship applications and ancillary applications.
- Advising Attorneys on their duties and responsibilities and assisting where required
- 3+ PQE
- A STEP qualification if preferred but not essential (candidate is expected to pursue the full STEP diploma if successful)
- Build long standing client relationships
- Have good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
What’s on offer:
- Excellent prospects for career progression
- Competitive salary
- Busy and growing Private Client department
How to apply
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Rhian Thompson at Clayton Legal or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In House departments across the UK.
Based in the Northwest, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will collaborate with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Take a look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.