Property Development Solicitor
- £30000 - £40000 per annum
Are you an experienced Property Solicitor who is looking to explore other areas of property law while working for for a Legal 500 firm?
My client, a successful and growing full service Legal 500 law firm with multiple offices, has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Property Development Solicitor to join their busy Housing and Regeneration (Property) Team which is based close to Preston, Lancashire.
They are looking for someone who displays their values. Specifically, someone who can and wants to excel, is engaged, is a real person, displays fairness in all they do and has a one team ethic. If these values resonate with you and this is the type of firm you would like to be part of, then I would love to discuss this opportunity further!!!
The role will involve undertaking a range of Development Property work primarily for our housing sector clients.
Within this role, your duties will include:
- Dealing with a broad range of Development transactions for the Firm’s Housing Association clients;
- Drafting and negotiating on matters such as: sale and purchase contracts, conditional agreements, development agreements, section 106 agreement variations, overage agreements and forward funding arrangements;
- Advising on acquisitions and disposals of development sites;
- Developing relationships with clients including delivering training to clients;
- Advising on landlord and tenant issues, stock transfers, grant funding, site set-ups, supported living and charging transactions.
The successful candidate will work on their own caseload and will receive support from the team’s dedicated paralegals.
Working within the Housing Development Team the successful applicant will ideally have:
- At least 3-5 years PQE as a Property Development Solicitor, however, those who are either newly qualified or have greater post qualification experience will be considered.
- Degree Level Qualified and LPC Certificated
- Good client care skills, providing professional and competent legal advice in accordance with SRA Code of Conduct
- Strong IT skills
- Capability to generate fees in accordance with agreed targets
- Proven experience of handling own caseload, working to and managing deadlines
- Good writing and drafting skills, with excellent communication and technical ability
Candidates must have a full UK driving licence and access to a car as travel may be required throughout the Northwest region.
The hours will be 9.00am until 5.00pm, Monday to Friday, 36.25 hours per week.
What they can offer you in return:
- Competitive Salary;
- 33 Days Annual Leave, including bank holidays
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme (Subject to T&Cs);
- A day off for your Birthday;
- Ongoing Training and Development;
- Progression Opportunities;
- Company Pension;
- Service Awards;
- Health Care Benefits (Health Cash Back Plan and Mental Health Counselling Services);
- BUPA (Solicitor Positions Only, for self, not dependents)
- Other Employee Discounts;
- Recruitment and Legal Department Referrals (Subject to T&C’s);
- Annual Events.
This client is committed to training and developing its staff and has won an employer award for its commitment to staff training & development. This would be an exceptional opportunity for a property solicitor to truly advance their career with an excellent law firm.
To apply for this Property Development Solicitor role please contact Adam Dell’Armi at Clayton Legal on 01133 979929 or email your CV to email@example.com
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In House departments across the UK. Based in the North West, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Take a look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.